Pedestrian Safety Checklist
- Walk facing traffic.
- Look left, right and left again before crossing.
- Make sure drivers see you before crossing in front of them.
- Be aware that sun-glare reduces driver visibility.
- Wear white clothing or reflectors or carry a light when walking at night.
- When driving, be especially alert in residential neighborhoods and school zones and be on the lookout for bikers, walkers or runners who may be distracted or may step into the street unexpectedly.
Remember: When walking through the Arches tunnel, stay close to the side as it is difficult for drivers to see walkers in the tunnel.
For more pedestrian safety information, visit the HART Commuter Information Services website.
About the Board of Health
The High Bridge Board of Health has seven members who serve four-year terms.
The Board of Health meets the second Thursday of every month as needed at 6:45 p.m. at the Borough Hall.
BOARD OF HEALTH MEMBERS
- John Conant; term expires 12/31/15
- Tricia Curtin; term expires 12/31/18
- Donna Exley; term expires 12/31/15
- Dave Hoos; term expires 12/31/17
- Cathy Hoos; term expires 12/31/15
- Todd Honeycutt (Chair); term expires 12/31/18
- Lynn Hughes (Council); term expires 12/31/15
Visit the Hunterdon County Department of Health’s boil water advisory guidelines.