For any recycling issues, please call Premiere Disposal at (908) 638-0005.
The Borough has streamlined its curbside recycling collection process.
All recyclable material, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail and cardboard, may be commingled and combined with other recyclable items, including glass of any color, aluminum, tin, paper and plastic #s 1 – 7, any size and any shape.
There are three options to prepare commingled and combined recyclables for collection:
- place commingled recyclables in a single, reusable container, securing the contents in the container so they cannot blow out of the container*
- bag commingled recyclables in clear plastic bags, or
- tie separated paper product recyclables in bundles as follows: cross-tie newspapers, magazines, single-ply cardboard (such as cereal boxes and gift boxes), corrugated cardboard, and junk mail (not shredded) in separate bundles 8 to 12 inches high placed next to other recyclables in containers or clear plastic bags
*IMPORTANT: The recycling collector will NOT pick up loose items in the street. Residents are responsible for picking up any items that blow out of their containers.
Curbside recycling is a service our town provides for its residents. Please take advantage of this service. Recycling does make a difference in our environment. Our goal is to keep all recyclables out of the trash flow.
Note: Pizza boxes are not recyclable. To read why, click The Pizza Box, and read an article written by Lori Brown, Earth 911 staff member.
Curbside recycling is a service our town provides for its residents. Please take advantage of this service. Recycling does make a difference in our environment. Our goal is to keep all recyclables out of the trash flow. To make recycling as convenient as possible, curbside collection occurs every other week.
- Put recycling out the night before your pick-up day. Collection begins early in the morning. If your recycling is not out when the truck goes by, please bring it back into your yard. It will not be picked up until the next scheduled pick-up collection day. Bring recycling receptacles back into your yard by the end of the collection day.
- Sometimes our collector has a problem and cannot finish all the streets on the collection day. If they haven’t been to your street at all, leave your materials curbside and they should be by the next day to pick them up.