Hunterdon County Transfer Station / Recycling Depot
10 Petticoat Lane
Annandale, NJ 08801
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Residential Drop Off of Large Items:
Saturdays Only: The Transfer Station is open to residents only on Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
You must unload the items yourself and present proof of residency.
$22 for a car, $32 for a pickup truck or SUV, and $10 additional for a trailer attached to either a car or truck.
Free Residential Drop Off Is Available for the Following Items:
- Aluminum Cans: Only empty beverage cans will be accepted; other aluminum items WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Cardboard, chipboard & brown paper bags: Corrugated, chipboard (boxboard) and brown paper bags will be accepted. Cardboard should be tied or placed in another cardboard container (box). Cardboard with food or food residue WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Glass bottles and jars: Glass food and beverage containers with rings and caps removed will be accepted. All containers MUST be emptied and rinsed. Cups, drinking glasses, dishes, ovenware, window glass, lead crystal, TV tubes, light bulbs, mirrors or any other type of glass product WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Hard-covered books: Hard-covered books will be accepted.
- Junk mail & office paper: Unshredded junk mail and office paper will be accepted. Junk mail and office paper should be tied or placed in a cardboard container (box) or it may be placed in a clear bag. Shredded junk mail and office paper WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Newspaper: Newspaper tied with string or twine will be accepted. Newspaper bound in tape or other materials WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Paperback books: Paperback books will be accepted.
- Plastic bottles: Plastic bottles # 1-7 that originally contained liquids are accepted. All containers MUST be emptied and rinsed.
- Telephone books: Telephone books will be accepted.
- Tin and bi-metal cans: Tin and bi-metal cans will be accepted if all food and other residue has been removed. Labels do not have to be removed.