|Out of an abundance of caution and to help curtail the possibility of community spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the following special orders have been added to the list of emergency protective measures. Other special orders may be forthcoming. |
Workplace & Businesses (as per the Governors Executive Order)
• All bars and restaurants in the Borough that are licensed to sell food and alcohol, are required to close by 8:00 pm until further notice, with the ability to re-open each day to offer take-out and delivery services only. Establishments will be prohibited from offering eat-in services.
• All non-essential retail, recreational and entertainment businesses are to close at 8:00 pm. They may re-open on a daily basis but are limited to the CDC guidelines of promoting social distancing and not allowing more than 50 people to gather.
• Supermarkets, pharmacies, medical offices and gas stations, among a limited list, will not be affected by the mandatory 8:00 pm closure.
Travel (as per the Governors Executive Order)
• All non-essential and non-emergency travel in New Jersey is strongly discouraged between 8:00 pm and 5:00 am.
Houses of Worship (as per the Governors Executive Order)
• All houses of worship are strongly encouraged to temporarily suspend all services or other communal activities until further notice.
• Physical public access to the municipal building has been suspended effective Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
• Residents shall utilize online payment options, U.S. Mail, or drop box services at Borough Hall for taxes, utility payments, licenses, permits and other local government business.• Residents shall utilize phone, email, and if necessary, social media to make routine inquires and/or report information to the municipality.
First Responders – High Bridge Police, Fire & EMS
• All necessary First Responders are authorized to take appropriate action to assist in containing, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from the COVID-19 outbreak.
• Screening for possible COVID-19 infection will begin with 9-1-1 call. Operators will be following a script asking about travel history, possible exposures and current symptoms. First Responders will be alerted that there is a possibility of COVID-19 infection and all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be used. No friends or family members will be permitted to ride in the ambulance to the hospital.
• The Firehouse is locked and only active firefighters and Borough employees are permitted inside the building.
• The Emergency Squad building is locked and only active EMTs and Borough employees are permitted inside the building.
• The vestibule of the Police Department will remain open though person to person contact will be limited. Please call 908-638-6500 for all non-emergent matters.
• High Bridge Hills Golf Course will be closed effective 3/17/20 until further notice.
• All Borough playgrounds, basketball courts and recreational fields are closed to the public until further notice. Use of these areas are strongly discouraged.
• All Borough recreational activities are canceled until further notice.
Building Department & Fire Prevention
• Permit applications and payments can be placed it the Blue Box in front of Borough Hall. Processed applications will be returned by mail. For questions contact the Technical Assistant at 908-638-6455 x222
• Telephone screening for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to appointments and inspections will be occurring.
• Borough inspectors will be using discretion when entering dwellings and interacting with the public. Only essential contractors, homeowners, or authorized representatives necessary for completion of any inspection shall be on site.
• All non-essential inspections by the Building Department and Fire Prevention Bureau are suspended until further notice.
Registrar and Vital Statistics
• Registrar and vital statistics will be handled by appointment only.
Department of Public Works
• All water meter installations are suspended until further notice.
• DPW employees will be working in split shifts
• Water meter readings will only be performed electronically. There will be no in-home water meter reading. Final water meter readings will be by appointment only.
• The Borough public library and County branches are closed through April 1.
• Borough residents who are seniors, particularly those with underlying health conditions, are strongly encouraged to stay home while COVID-19 remains a threat. Registering on the Special Needs Register is strongly encouraged and available on the Borough website. Please contact Borough Hall if you need assistance.
• All Boards and Commission meetings are cancelled for the next thirty (30) days.
• The March 26, 2020 Borough Council meeting is scheduled as planned but will be closed to the public. More information on this, including how the public will be permitted to participate in the meeting, will be forthcoming.
Office of the Borough Administrator
High Bridge Borough
908-638-5000 x-223 firstname.lastname@example.org