Fall Leaf/Brush Collection Schedule Weekly Start Dates:
Please have brush and leaves out to the curb by 7:00 a.m. of the first day of pickup to be collected that week. The Department of Public Works will be collecting brush/leaves once per week.
Week of October 5th – Zone 2 (Solitude Village)
Week of October 12th – Zone 3 (Dewey Ave) ***
Week of October 19th – Zone 4 (Church Street)
Week of October 26th – Zone 5 (West Main, Cregar)
Week of November 2nd – Zone 1 (Jenny Jump)
Week of November 9th – Zone 2 (Solitude Village) ***
Week of November 16th – Zone 3 (Dewey Ave)
Week of November 23rd – Zone 4 (Church Street) ***
Week of November 30th – Zone 5 (West Main, Cregar)
Week of December 7th – Zone 1 (Jenny Jump)
*** indicates shortened weeks due to Holidays.
- Piles blocked by vehicles, or other obstructions, will not be collected.
- Brush piles must be separated from leaf piles. Co-mingled piles will not be collected.
- Place Brush curbside with butt ends facing the street.
- Brush piles are to be NO bigger than L 4’ x W 4’ x H 4’
- Place all items to be collected on the grass, not in the street.
- Stormwater management guidelines prohibit these piles within ten feet of a stormwater collection basin.
- Do not block fire hydrants
- Brush is considered items which fall from trees rather than tree parts removed by homeowners or contractors.
ITEMS WHICH WILL NOT BE TAKEN:
- Potted plants, wood, fence rails, decorative grass, green bamboo, limbs greater than 6’, tree roots, dirt and stone, brush tied together with anything metal
ROADS WITHOUT PICKUP:
- Hart, Central, Union, Van Syckles, Center, Fairview, West Main (County Road Section)
- Leaf collection is not available on Cregar Road and Mill Street.
- Brown paper bags are available from DPW (Mon.-Fri. 7:00 am-7:30 am/3:00 pm-3:30 pm) Limited to 10 bags per household.