- Registration for the High Bridge “Plein Air” Paint Out closes on October 22nd, 2022.
- The High Bridge “Plein Air” Paint Out is held between October 29th and November 5th, with an auction and awards ceremony taking place on November 6th.
- The rules for the Paint Out, as specified in the registration form, exclude any artwork done prior to the October 29th sign up, as all artwork that is brought for final sale must be completed between October 29th-November 5th, 2022.
- Adult Division artists will check in on October 29th at Scout’s Coffee Bar + Mercantile to have artwork surface(s) stamped. Scout’s is located at 11 Main St. High Bridge NJ, 08829. Event check in timing will be announced at least (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Artists must bring the ‘surfaces’ and materials (wherein ‘surfaces’ is used to describe any surface that is used to create a work of art. Some examples include: paper, canvas, fabric/cloth).
- The following mediums for creation of artwork will be accepted : Charcoal or Oil Pastels, Pen and Ink, Pencil or Color Pencil, Acrylic or Oil Paint, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Silkscreen or lithograph print, Sculpture, Collage, and Photography.
- A maximum of 3 pieces each no larger than 24”x16” unframed will be accepted for submission to auction.
- There is no limit on surfaces that can be stamped at check-in. The artist must determine which pieces they will enter to be judged.
- Adult Division artists must be 16+. Artists under 18 years of age MUST complete and submit the release form at the end of this registration.
- The artwork subject/inspiration must be located within the Borough of High Bridge and done on public property.
- On private property, the artist must have permission for access.
- Ken Lockwood Gorge is an acceptable subject matter due to its connection to High Bridge.
- The non-refundable registration fee is $25.00
- Once registered, you will need to pay your registration fee
- By registering, you are agreeing to allow us the right to photograph all artists and use images of their artwork, which will be used for advertising and promotional uses only.
- All fees, commissions and sponsorship funds will be collected by the Borough of High Bridge to be used by the High Bridge Creative Team for future Paint out Events and other creative endeavors in the borough.
- The judging and auction will be held on Sunday November 6th. Artists must submit their work to be judged on this date.
- Auction will be held at CIRCA, 37 MAIN STREET, HIGH BRIDGE, NJ 08829.
- All artists participating in the event must include their artwork in the silent auction.
- Artwork must be at a minimum matted using a standard cardstock matte or similar appropriate to the size of the work. Hard framing of any final auction submission is at the sole discretion of the artist and is not required.
- A maximum of (3) submissions per artist will be accepted.
- Bring an easel/display stand to mount artwork on.
- Bidding forms will be provided. Artists must complete the form including their name, title of work, media used, and starting price. Starting bid price cannot be changed once the auction begins.
- Once artwork is put up for auction, it must remain up for bid until the auction is over.
- Artists are responsible for their artwork while on display at the show for the entire event.
- If the artist is unable to be present for the entirety of the auction event, the artist commits to finding a substitute that will stay in their place for all or part of the event in their absence.
- All sales will be made through the Borough of High Bridge with 70% of the winning bid price going to the artist and 30% going to the event. Proceeds will be mailed to artists within (60) days of the Event.
- Photographers will be required to show original time stamp on their camera file (original source photo) at the date of the auction show, November 6, 2022 at artist’s check-in, for validation. If the photograph is found to not have been taken between the competition time period of October 30 – November 6, 2022, the artwork will be deemed not viable for sale or submission to the juried show.
Youth Release Waiver
If the artist is under 18, I consent on my behalf and on behalf of my child that any and all videotapes, films, photographs, motion pictures and/or audio recordings (collectively “recordings”) made of my child or my child’s voice relative to the Paint Out may be used by High Bridge, and its representatives, volunteers, employees, officers, officials, sponsors, agents, assignees, licensees and/or successors (collectively “representatives”), in whatever way they desire, including but not limited to for television programs and/or any other publicity. Furthermore, we agree that any such recordings shall at all times be the property of High Bridge, which shall have the sole right, title and interest to sell, duplicate, reproduce or make other uses of such recordings as it may desire, free and clear of any claim whatsoever on our part and we therefore waive any right to inspect or approve those recordings. Finally, my child and I waive and release all claims, rights, causes of action and demands, whether for personal injuries, property damage or any other losses, damages or expenses that I and/or my child may have against High Bridge and/or its representatives arising from or in any manner related to my child’s participation in the Auction and/or any activities incidental or related thereto, including but not limited to arising from or in connection with recordings of the Auction.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org