JCP&L General Inquiries or Issues
– Non-working streetlights are reported to JCP&L here or at the following phone number: 1-888-544-4877
High Bridge Public Utilities
Jersey Central Power & Light (Electric) (800) 662-3115
NUI – Elizabethtown Gas (Natural Gas) To report a gas leak (800) 242-5830 or (800) 402-4009
Centurylink (Local Phones) (800) 829-8009
Comcast (Cable) (908) 689-3355
Republic Services (Garbage and Recycling) (908) 730-7800 or Click here
High Bridge Utility Department (Water Supply) (908) 638-6588
High Bridge Utility Department (Sewerage) (908) 638-6588
Please see below for general information on managing a utilities account. Please note that you may request a status but the Borough does not send reminders.
Utility Account Help
- Final bill request / Closing on a home: Click here
- Utility Account balance: Click here
- PAY ONLINE – Utility Account payments: Click here
- Explanation of utility rates: Click here
- How to update where your bill is sent: we accept the following
1. An I.D. matching a deed which has been submitted to the County, both items brought in and shown in person at Borough Hall.
2. A letter from an Attorney involved in the closing stating the buyer, seller, and that the date the closing occurred.
- Meter wrong? Request an assessment. Email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, and request an assessment. A fee of $25.00 will be applied to the utility account if the meter is found to be working after the assessment.
- Need an account balance as of a certain date: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request, including account identification (Address, ID, etc.) and a request for the account balance as of a certain date.
- Need your water service turned on/off? Please call the Department of Works with your request: 908-638-6588
- Have a complaint about service? Email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, along with the nature of the complaint and we will do our best to find a resolution.
- Need to know when your garbage or recycling is picked up? Click here
- Need to know how to use garbage stickers? Click here
- Need to know what garbage can be picked up? Read this quick guide or call Republic Services (Garbage and Recycling) (908) 730-7800 or Click here
- Need to recycling electronics / get rid of paint / batteries / plastics? Check with the County here or check our calendar for information.