To buy or sell a home in High Bridge, the following three items are utilized:
1. Construction Records Clearance Application – This is required to be done by Borough Ordinance prior to the sale of a property in High Bridge by the seller of the property..
2. (a) Continuing Certificate of Occupancy (C.C.O)
2. (b) Application and Certification in Lieu of Inspection
2. (info only) Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Requirements – required to be completed any time occupancy changes. The Zoning Officer will contact you once this is submitted to set up an appointment, verify payment, etc. Inspections are done by appointment. Please Note: This Fire Alarm Will Not Pass Inspections.
3. Final Utility Bill – Used for generating a final water bill for the seller for home closings. Will include final amounts for all utilities for the account requested up to the closing date listed on the form.
Further information can be found at the following links:
- Utility Account balance: Click here
- Pay Utility Bill Online: Click here
- Explanation of utility rates: Click here
- How to update where your bill is sent: we accept the following
1. An I.D. matching a deed which has been submitted to the County, both items brought in and shown in person at Borough Hall.
2. A letter from an Attorney involved in the closing stating the buyer, seller, and that the date the closing occurred.
- Meter wrong? Request an assessment. Email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, and request an assessment. A fee of $25.00 will be applied to the utility account if the meter is found to be working after the assessment.
- Need an account balance as of a certain date: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request, including account identification (Address, ID, etc.) and a request for the account balance as of a certain date.
- Need your water service turned on/off? Please call the Department of Works with your request: 908-638-6588
- Have a complaint about service? Email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, along with the nature of the complaint and we will do our best to find a resolution.
- Need to know when your garbage or recycling is picked up? Click here
- Need to know how to use garbage stickers? Click here
- Need to know what garbage can be picked up? Read this quick guide or call Republic Services (Garbage and Recycling) (908) 730-7800 or Click here
- Need to recycling electronics / get rid of paint / batteries / plastics? Check with the County here or check our calendar for information.