Buying or Selling a Home in High Bridge:
1. Final Utility Bill
- Generates a final, prorated water bill for the seller or renter
- Report includes final amounts for all utilities covered by the Borough up to the closing date
- Required to be filed at least two business days before closing date
- NOTE: If your closing date changes you must notify the Borough via one of these methods
- Phone: (908) 638-6455 x233 or x224
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
2. Construction Records Clearance Application
- Required for closing. A report of open construction permits on a property.
- If the report lists open permits, please call the Construction Official: (908) 507-0194
- Once the permits have been closed a Certificate of Approval will be issued showing the permit has been closed
- A new report WILL NOT BE GENERATED without a new C.R.C. request and payment
3. Continuing Certificate of Occupancy (C.C.O)
Landlord Registration Application
Annual registration of residential premises is required.
Affordable housing information can be found here: click here
Utility Quick Help:
- Utility Account balance: Click here
- Pay Utility Bill Online: Click here
- Explanation of utility rates: Click here
- How to update where your bill is sent: (please note this will be done automatically after we receive the new deed from the County or you can do the following)
1. Submit to the Utility Department: An I.D. matching a deed which has been submitted to the County and a copy of the new deed.
2. Submit to the Utility Department: A letter from an Attorney involved in the closing stating the buyer, seller, and that the date the closing occurred.
- Meter wrong? Request an assessment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number, and request an assessment. A fee of $25.00 will be applied to the utility account if the meter is found to be working after the assessment.
- Need your water service turned on/off? Please call the Department of Works with your request: 908-638-6588
- Have a complaint about service? Email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, along with the nature of the complaint and we will do our best to find a resolution.
- Need to recycling electronics / get rid of paint / batteries / plastics? Check with the County here or check our calendar for information.